Alternative DNS systems and net neutrality - Was: Re: [governance] DNSsec and allternative DNS system

Nyangkwe Agien Aaron nyangkweagien at gmail.com
Sat Nov 17 09:39:35 EST 2007

Veni wrote
"And the right questions is not
"who governs the Internet", but "what governs the Internet". Once
people start to understand that the "governer" are the standards, the
policy processes, and they can be part of this, then the IGF may even
start to produce something positive, not just headlines in the newspapers"

What baffles me is that Veni is giving mateial for a Newspaper
headline and refusing to admit it. News is what is said and/or done
that has an impact on people's life. Come to think of it; Veni's piece
above is head line news. My Editor will headline your piece above this
way
:
Expert Calls for Standards and Processes to be at Forefront of
Internet Governance.
And the rest of your landmark contribution will complete the story.
Can we therfore eat our cake and have it?

Aaron

On 11/17/07, Suresh Ramasubramanian <suresh at hserus.net> wrote:
> Veni Markovski wrote:
>
> > Hmmm... What was the system in France, which was
> > created before the WWW? Did it make it on the
> > world arena, or it remained only in France?
>
> Minitel you mean?  Yes, but I think it was more of a bbs style, and focused
> on French topics, solely in French - so that's a huge handicap to
> internationalizing it.
>
>        srs

Aaron Agien Nyangkwe
Journalist/Outcome Mapper
Special Assistant To The President
Coach of ASAFE Camaroes Street Football Team.
ASAFE
P.O.Box 5213
Douala-Cameroon
Tel. 237 3337 50 22