[governance] IGF: Accessibility activities

Hiroshi Kawamura hkawa at attglobal.net
Thu Nov 8 20:08:21 EST 2007

Dear Jorge:

Thank you very much for your announcement on workshops related to
Accessibility of Persons with Disabilities.

The most current program contents of our workshop on "Accessibility
standards development and UN Convention on the Rights of Persons with
Disabilities" to be held on 12th November 15:00-16:30 is available at:

 http://www.intgovforum.org/wks_session_info.php?numes=24

We are still struggling with "accessibility" of the Conference itself
including no accessible guest room at the venue hotel, no availability of
sign language interpreter for our deaf speaker from Colombia, &c.

We should not see again such inconvenient barriers for participants with
disabilities in the 3rd IGF in Egypt.

The IGF must respect the United Nations Convention on the Rights of Persons
with Disabilities (http://www.un.org/disabilities/default.asp?id=199)

Best

Hiroshi
Hiroshi Kawamura