[governance] Up dates on the situation of ICTRC - Dr. Sohrab Razzaghi arrested

Gao Mosweu puna_gb at yahoo.com
Sat Nov 3 01:59:04 EDT 2007

  We welcome the news and are happy, and let us hope that many more like that will be brought to justice!

  Gao Mosweu
  Botswana

CONGO WSIS - Philippe Dam <wsis at ngocongo.org> wrote:            st1\:*{behavior:url(#default#ieooui) }           Dear all,

  This is for a brief up date regarding the closure of the offices and training centres of the Iranian NGO ICTRC in Tehran.
  I’ve been informed a few days ago that Dr. Sohrab Razzaghi, Executive Director of the ICTRC, has been arrested. He has apparently been transferred to the Evin Prison.
  Members of the ICTRC team are also being interrogated these days in Tehran.

  The judiciary has apparently not circulated motivations for the closure of the ICTRC and the arrest of Dr. Razzaghi.

  A number of NGOs are now organising quick pressure and seeking international attention.
  See for example at http://www.frontlinedefenders.org/node/1199 and in Farsi http://freesohrab.wordpress.com.

  We’ll keep you updated.
  Best regards,

  Ph

    Philippe Dam
 CONGO - WSIS CS Secretariat
 11, Avenue de la Paix
 CH-1202 Geneva
 Tel: +41 22 301 1000
 Fax: +41 22 301 2000
 E-mail: wsis at ngocongo.org
 Website: www.ngocongo.org

  The Conference of NGOs (CONGO) is an international, membership association that facilitates the participation of NGOs in United Nations debates and decisions. Founded in 1948, CONGO's major objective is to ensure the presence of NGOs in exchanges among the world's governments and United Nations agencies on issues of global concern.  For more information see our website at www.ngocongo.org

     governance at lists.cpsr.org

http://mail.yahoo.com