[governance] New Bulgarian IT-related law published today

carlos a. afonso ca at rits.org.br
Wed May 23 10:24:39 EDT 2007

So the private company Register.bg Ltd, which is the only seller of the
.bg commodity (I wonder who owns it?), ought to be very happy!

The decision by the government of Bulgaria is a good one, but comes
quite late. Many countries did this a long time ago. Brazil did this in
1995, and proposed the creation of, not a private for-profit monopoly to
sell domain commodities, but a multistakeholder organization to take
care of a community resource (the .br domain).

So why this "will bring some freshness in the discussions around the
IGF" truly escapes my old-timer mind...

--c.a.