[governance] ICANN RFC on its performance

Guru@ITfC guru at itforchange.net
Sun May 13 12:18:45 EDT 2007

Joichi San,

IMHO, if you really want feedback then "I think he was just advising on what
sort of thing might make the most impact" ... Does come across as
presumptuous. When somebody asks me for feedback I don't want their advice
on what they think I should say to make impact!! The situation is all the
more ridiculous since this feedback is sought by the 'general manager of
public participation'. You cant dicate to the public what views you want to
hear from them and call that 'participation' !!

Also in your earlier posting you had said "I want to convey that we are
honestly and in earnest trying to receive input and your thoughts would be
greatly appreciated."

I fully concur with this sentiment. However, did you get the feeling that
the general manager of public participation of icann greatly appreciated my
posting! Or that his mail was honestly and in earnest trying to receive
input?