SV: [governance] Re: [WSIS CS-Plenary] All Male Panel discussion during UN ECOSOC Session - 5 July 2007

Kicki Nordström kicki.nordstrom at srfriks.org
Wed Jul 11 13:05:36 EDT 2007

Dear Karen and all,

I have the same question as Karen and have to admit, as I have not been present at the meetings, that the panels aims and goals, including its representation, is very vague for me. I am also wondering if "disability" may be part of this panel, as persons with disabilities, in Developing and industrial countries alike, are very underserved, marginalised and less involved in ICT! This exclusion appears more than needed, as lack of recognition is  the main problem, both socially, financially and culturally! There are 600 Million PWD in the world, would we not also be part and included in panels like this one?

All the best
Kicki

Kicki Nordström
Synskadades Riksförbund (SRF)