[governance] remote particpation

Avri Doria avri at psg.com
Thu Feb 15 13:02:57 EST 2007

On 15 feb 2007, at 18.13, Izumi AIZU wrote:

> Thanks Avri for all of your thoughtful comment,
>
> As a technical unsophisticated person, I really hope that
> any technology used for the next Rio meeting for remote two-way
> participation will not take too much burden on the end-user side
> at the last minute.  I mean, as much as possible, please use the
> proven standard method for the remote participation.
>
> Thanks a lot!
>
> izumi

Yes, that is a good lesson we should try to learn.  Though it is
often hard to know what the proven standard is.  Reminds me of the
old joke about standards - punch line being we each have our favorite
standard.

In any case,  we should try to make sure that if any peculiarities
are necessary they are known and tried weeks in advance.

My personal hope is that the technology used at the next
consultations can be the same that will be used in Rio.  That is
difficult to guarantee, but it is my hope.

thanks

a.

     governance at lists.cpsr.org