[governance] Statement for Feb 13, version 2

Vittorio Bertola vb at bertola.eu
Sat Feb 10 06:56:41 EST 2007

All,

this is the second version of the statement, incorporating all
suggestions that were made (the ODT version has notes with the
sources... and OpenOffice couldn't produce a working RTF so I used PDF).

There are a couple of further notes:

- I kept the original laundry list approach for themes, adding the
"meta-governance" one, and for AG composition (where specifying which CS
groups should be represented was objected to).

- In the end, there were several objections to our recognition of the
fourth stakeholder group, so I didn't add it.

- I still don't know what to do about ICANN; I was waiting to see some
discussion about the message by Carlos (noted again by Milton) but there
was none. I would suggest that those who are strongly "for" or strongly
"against" the IGC explicitly supporting "the nature of ICANN" as one of
the themes for Rio just say it here, now, and Parminder and I will do a
last minute consensus call on Monday. For the moment, I left the
original text (which anyway calls for our inclusion in the "enhanced
cooperation" process).

In the meantime, I remind everyone that we are meeting as a caucus right
at the end of the afternoon session (about 6pm) on Tuesday, with "Next
steps to Rio" as the agenda. (BTW - does anyone know how could we get a
room in the Palais? Otherwise we'll just move to the bar.)

Thanks,
--
vb.                   Vittorio Bertola - vb [a] bertola.eu   <--------
-------->  finally with a new website at http://bertola.eu/  <--------