[governance] Caucus at IGF?

michael_leibrandt at web.de michael_leibrandt at web.de
Thu Feb 1 03:35:18 EST 2007

hi Bill and others,

recalling the role civil society played in the wsis process and especially with
regard to the creation og the igf, i'm somewhat surprised about the relative
silence on this matter at least on this list (haven't discovered the virtual
grey corridors yet ;-). the meeting in geneva is about stocktaking and the way
forward, and the latter is what matters most. should the igf-ag continue its
work in the present format? how about a rotation scheme regarding civil society
representation? do we want to see the same variety of issue in Rio  as we saw
in Athens? do we have some ideas who could follow Nitin if he doesn't continue
as the chair? do we have some burning desires regarding issues we want to see
discussed at the second igf? how could interaction with other stakeholders
during the meeting could be further improved? many people invest time and money
while attending the geneva meeting, so i hope i'm not the only one who feels
that there is a need for some sort of preparation.

michael
     governance at lists.cpsr.org