[governance] What Will Happen [@ NARALO/ALAC/CCNSO?]

Judith Oppenheimer joppenheimer at icbtollfree.com
Fri Dec 14 18:02:49 EST 2007

I'm long overdue a look through the revised documents. As originally  approved, U.S. ENUM was to be opt-in by telephone number subscribers.  As things progressed there seemed to be a consensus that there was no consumer market for ENUM, so they decided to go with "infrastructure" ENUM or something to that effect, that would also compromise, I believe, opt-in.

This is probably an over simplification and I'm not current on all the details.
However, I've always believed there was cause for concern on a number of levels.  That and $2 will get you on the bus.

Judith Oppenheimer
Disclaimer:  I'm a founding member of U.S. ENUM Forum..

Sent via BlackBerry by AT&T