[governance] What happened at the NARALO/ALAC/CCNSO?

Suresh Ramasubramanian suresh at hserus.net
Wed Dec 5 18:42:50 EST 2007

Danny Younger [05/12/07 13:56 -0800]:

>I recall that the revised .xxx application in appendix
>S contained language allowing for rapid take-downs.
>Certainly provisions in new gTLD contracts could allow
>for the rapid takedown of domain names  that are used
>in conjunction with unsolicited bulk/commercial
>emailings.

Perhaps not for UBE/UCE, but at least for botnets, the domain name is quite
often the single point of failure these days.

At least some ccTLDs (.hk for example) have developed a massive infestation
of botnet domains. And they have then taken steps to clean this infestation
off.

>ICANN has the means to act; it just doesn't have the
>will or sense of responsibility to act.

Individual registrars, rather. Now, if Moniker would suddenly disappear,
there'll be a substantial chunk of spammer domains (not just their usual
stock in trade of tasted / parked etc domains) that would go down the drain

	srs
     governance at lists.cpsr.org