[governance] MAG future

Bertrand de La Chapelle bdelachapelle at gmail.com
Wed Aug 22 06:50:39 EDT 2007

Thanks, Parminder,

The point you raise regarding co-chairing gives at least one category of the
items that will have to be discussed, ie :

- Chairmanship of the [whatever it is called], including for instance :

   - single chairmanship or multiple ones (listing of the options)
   - mode of designation : by the group itself (in that case how) or
   otherwise (by some entity or by an automatic mechanism)
   - role of the Chair(s) : leadership or facilitation

Other categories of issues will emerge as the discussion evolves, such as
size, role, internal balance of actors, designation, etc...

I think a good method could be to try and list the questions - and
potentially the various options for each of them - before trying to define a
solution. An issues paper listing those questions would certainly be useful
as an initial exercise and could be provided as an input to the open,
inclusive and transparent consultative process, in order to sollicit
comments.

Best

Bertrand

--
Bertrand de La Chapelle

"Le plus beau métier des hommes, c'est d'unir les hommes" Antoine de Saint
Exupéry
("there is no better mission for humans than uniting humans")