[governance] New French Govt ICANN GAC/ Governance Rep.

Vittorio Bertola vb at bertola.eu.org
Mon Oct 23 13:12:19 EDT 2006

Avri Doria ha scritto:
> My question, what is the bureau doing these days and how  important  is
> that we get someone on the bureau quickly?  i tend to believe that  if
> there is a bureau and it is doing something, then someone should
> represent the IGC.

I agree - in general, I would require the CSB to do the same "laundry"
that we did, chartering itself in a bottom-up consensus manner, before
restarting to operate. Especially given the recurring debates in the
past, there needs to be a clear role for the CSB, and also a clear
mechanism to define who is member, who is represented etc. Otherwise it
becomes just a group of self-appointed people.
     governance at lists.cpsr.org