[governance] Program for IGC at IGF

Jeremy Malcolm Jeremy at Malcolm.id.au
Fri Oct 20 08:53:29 EDT 2006

Avri Doria wrote:

>>> - Update from MAG and SAG members on IGF AG activities (10 minutes)
>>>     One or two of those nominated by the IGC
>>
>> what is the SAG? special advisors group?
>
> yep.  will spell it out.

Still none the wiser.  Is anyone else disturbed about the lack of
transparency in the operations of the Secretariat and the MAG?  I have
been following IGF issues very closely for my PhD (well, as closely as I
can from outside the MAG), and yet this is the first I have heard of any
SAG.  There is *no* information about it on the Web or in any mailing
list archives I've seen.  What is it?  Why haven't we been told about it
before?

I think a more urgent topic than those in the provisional agenda for the
IGC at IGF meeting is to talk about how the IGF's provisional structure
needs to be reformed to make it more transparent and accountable - in
fact, closer to the structure of the IGC itself.  Some notes from me on
this (email me if you want a PDF of the expanded version) are at
http://igfwatch.org/discussion-board/reform-of-the-internet-governance-forum.
  Does anyone else see this as an issue or is it just me?

--
Jeremy Malcolm LLB (Hons) B Com
Internet and Open Source lawyer, IT consultant, actor
     governance at lists.cpsr.org