[governance] Program for IGC at IGF

Avri Doria avri at acm.org
Thu Oct 19 19:29:10 EDT 2006

hi,

As I understand it, Adma has procured a room for the IGC to have a
session.
There is little time to get an agenda out for the meeting in the
lunch spot on the 30th.  Here is my draft of that agenda.  this is
simlar to the ideas floated a few days ago.

----

Proposed Program for IGC at IGF

This program is intended to introduce and reintroduce the Civil
Society Internet Governance Caucus to the participants at the IGF.
We discuss the origins of the caucus, it current status and the work
being done by caucus participant in planning and organizing the IGF
meetings and workshops.

- Setting the context: WSIS, the IGC and how we got to the IGF (15
minutes)
     Presented by former IGC coordinators Adam and Jeanette
- Status of the IGC today (10 minutes)
     Presented by transition coordinator - Avri
- Update from MAG and SAG members on IGF AG activities (10 minutes)
     One or two of those nominated by the IGC
- Q&A with MAG/SAG members (20 minutes)
     Will try to get as may of them on stage for the Q&A
- Brief overview of CS organized workshops and the goals for the
workshops (2-5 minutes each)
     CS Workshop organizers

---

A question about the last slot.  Should this be restricted to the
workshops that caucus participants have organized?  Or should it be
more open then that.  Time is limited and the more speakers we have,
the shorter the slice.

I need to package this up a little more and submit it for the program
listing.  I have written a quick intro line, but it might be a bit
lame.  Edits and suggestions are welcome.  I think I need to get this
done in the next day or so - and if i don't hear in time, my text
will end up the draft but could be replaced  by better text as it
evolves.

Also, I have not started contacting the workshop organizers yet, and
therefore ask those of you reading this list who are willing to stand
up and say a few words about their workshop to let me know as soon as
possible.

I also ask the CS MAG/SAG membbrs to get in touch letting you about
their willingness/availability to sit on the Q&A panel.

thanks
a.
     governance at lists.cpsr.org