[governance] Caucus meeting in Athens

William Drake drake at hei.unige.ch
Tue Oct 17 06:54:30 EDT 2006

Hi,

> From: Adam Peake <ajp at glocom.ac.jp>

> We can go for 50 as Bill suggests, or a more formalized agenda as
> Avri posted.  I agree with Avri and would go for the more structured
> event and I agree with the rough agenda she drafted.

I do too, just didn't sense prior that there was the juice for this level of
ambition.

> So I suggest we ask for one of the workshop rooms, options:
>
> - Plato: 220, classroom-type seating arrangements,
> - Kleoniki: 150, mixed classroom/theatre - type seating arrangements,
> - Aphrodite: 100, mixed classroom/theatre - type seating arrangements.

Larger might be justified if we a) get the event listed on the conference
center's electronic bulletin board and on the IGF website space for "related
events" (of course, being on the program would be better but presumably
harder); b) print up some flyers to hand or lay around; and c) do outreach
beyond the list.  But someone would have to do these things.  Otherwise we
could be a smallish group in a cavernous hall, which is never good
aesthetically or operationally.

> Avri's agenda, looks good to me:

Me too, except on question:

> At 9:43 AM +0200 10/17/06, Avri Doria wrote:

>> Then I would recommend dedicating no more the 30 minutes to the WSIS
>> review and Charter etc, leaving an hour for 1 or 2 other discussions
>> of 30 minutes each.

Wouldn't it be better to start with where we've been and are going as a
group and then lead into views on the conference, rather than the reverse?
Otherwise, if we fall behind schedule, we might run out of time before we
can talk about the caucus per se.

Bill

     governance at lists.cpsr.org