[governance] igc nomcom and other lists

Jeanette Hofmann jeanette at wz-berlin.de
Tue Mar 28 22:03:12 EST 2006

Ian Peter wrote:

>>ps. we currently have 15 volunteers, if we don't get at least
>>10 more, the question is moot.
>>

> Or we amend the rules. 15 is plenty to choose a nomcom from. I recommend we
> go ahead from that number or whatever we get unless there is a strong
> objection.

I am very much against changing the rules during an ongoing process.
Also, if a list of roughly 300 subscribers is unable to recruit 25
people for a limited task such as serving on a nomcom it does tell us
something, doesn't it? On the other hand there is reason for optimism.
Right now, there are only 4 people missing to reach the minimum number.

jeanette