[governance] Capacity building & Interest for IG in Developing Countries

Jovan Kurbalija jovank at diplomacy.edu
Thu Mar 23 18:26:57 EST 2006

This message may not fit in the current parlance flow.... Two weeks ago
Yasmeen from Diplo sent an e-mail with the announcement for 2006 Capacity
Building Programme. So far we have received 400 applications. It shows both
an interest in and demand for IG training. The programme will last between
April and October 2006 (participation at the IGF in Athens). There will be
72 participants divided in 6 regional groups (12 participants in each
group). The composition of the groups will be multistakeholder (government,
civil society, business, media and academia). Given high interest for the
programme we are discussing possibility of running another IG
course/research project in 2006. Here is the website:
http://www.diplomacy.edu/IG/

Regards, Jovan