[governance] ITU and Follow Up

Robert Guerra rguerra at lists.privaterra.org
Sun Jan 29 20:46:58 EST 2006

Wolfgang:

Wolfgang thanks for pointing out that the Kurth is in the running for
the position of Secretary General of the ITU. If i'm not mistaken,
there is also a swiss candidate.

The first thing that comes to mind is how close (or not) the position
is to the one the EU will be putting forward. I know there was
considerable tension between different EU states in the final WSIS
negotiations . Do those tensions still exist? What does Austria say?
What's the position of the country that holds the presidency after
Austria?

Canada, New Zealand, Uruguay and Singapore  would be a key counties
to consult.

regards,

Robert

--