[governance] draft for a caucus intervention for Geneva

Vittorio Bertola vb at bertola.eu.org
Wed Feb 15 08:08:52 EST 2006

Il giorno mer, 15/02/2006 alle 09.40 +0000, karen banks ha scritto:
> hi
>
> i've looked over very quickly and can support
> everything here - we would have additional points
> to make, or would emphasize some points more than
> others, but can do so in a separate intervention.
>
> the two points i would add, or, think are missing
> - are the importance of a rights based approach
> to the forum (with specific reference to privacy
> and freedom of expression)

I would much support this, and please also add consumer rights - I think
it's the issue with the highest importance/underestimation ratio :-)

>  and the importance of
> an overriding development orientation to the work
> of the IGF (i don't see any reference to
> developing country priorities in this text,
> excepting that of capacity building and
> participation - which are of course important,
> but nothing that indicates issue focus/priority)

I am fine if it is a sort of "as well as" - development issues are as
important as the others (content, rights, resource administration etc.).
Not if it were either issue of this list above the others.