[governance] individuals

Bret Fausett bfausett at internet.law.pro
Tue Apr 25 14:27:11 EDT 2006

This was the only reason I attended the consultation in Geneva: to try to
reserve a seat at the table for individuals. In my intervention, I noted
that I was not from any government, not affiliated with any NGO and not part
of any official civil society organization. I asked that that the IGF always
welcome individuals with something to contribute. I was impressed that Disai,
Kummer and a handful of individual from governments all welcomed me and said
it was indeed their intention to keep the IGF open to individual
participation.

         Bret