[governance] coordinating the IGC

Avri Doria avri at psg.com
Sat Apr 22 16:58:45 EDT 2006

Hi.

Thanks for your note.

On 22 apr 2006, at 14.59, Mawaki Chango wrote:

> Hi,
>
> --- Avri Doria <avri at psg.com> wrote:
>

>> But I accept that other participants have a different viewpoint.  As
>> several have indicated already there is a preference for picking 2
>> co-
>> coordinators and moving forward as we have in the past,  I take that
>> to mean that there is not consensus on the suggestion I offered and
>> that there is not a strong feeling that we need to reorganize before
>> we can move ahead.
>
> I've been reading the emails since your offer, and I haven't seen
> any message that
> expresses anything but a support. Like you, I understand that David
> is suggesting
> something else, which I sincerely don't know what it is, but I do
> know that all the
> others, including myself, have expressed support thus far. The only
> thing that
> remains is, as you said (and I beleive that's what Jeannette was
> also trying to
> address), the IGC needs to have a conversation about some processes
> and their
> implementation.

Yes I understand that I am personally getting support and I very much
appreciate that.

What concerns me is whether there is support for going into a period
of transition that allows the IGC to step back and consider how it
moves on.  I think that I am volunteering to facilitate that
transition period.  And in suggesting that the co-coordinator  be
picked as soon as we decide on our charter and method of working I am
suggesting that this new person will be chosen (by some means yet to
be agreed on) according to the needs of  decisions yet to be made.  I
am afraid that if we pick 2 co-coordinators this month we will make
it more difficult to make a transition to a new organizational model.

But I am accepting that I may be wrong and the IGC may not need to
transition to a new model.  And if i am wrong about this, then I am
obviously not the right person be a co-coordinator.

So, this is why I think we need to understand what the consensus of
the IGC is.

thanks
a.