[governance] [WSIS CS-Plenary] slight postponement oftoday'scaucus meeting

Veni Markovski veni at veni.com
Fri Sep 23 03:11:46 EDT 2005

At 09:00 23-09-05  +0200, Vittorio Bertola wrote:
>Actually, there are people (me included) who think that the mission of
>the forum should go beyond "dialogue, analysis, and trend monitoring",
>and include starting up open working groups and drafting policy
>recommendations with a non-binding status, that could become "de facto
>binding" over time if the forum gained sufficient credibility and
>support to make so happen.

Why not think how to improve ICANN, and make it more "credible", instead of
starting from scratch, and waste the first 7 years? I understand the desire
for the forum among some people, but there are other options, too,
including in the WGIG report....

v.

Sincerely,
Veni Markovski

The opinions expressed are those of the author, not of
the Internet Society - Bulgaria (http://www.isoc.bg),
or any other organizations, associated with or related
to the author.

This note is not legal advice.
If it was, it would come with an invoice.