[governance] and more Re: Ideas that this mailing list has agreed to

Jacqueline Morris jam at jacquelinemorris.com
Wed Nov 9 14:02:38 EST 2005

Hi Avri
OK - then we have another difference here... but to me any ccTLD is
logically the country property (not that of the government) -
difference noted previously.
Can you explain where the ownership should lie if not with the country
as a ccTLD?
JAM

On 11/9/05, Avri Doria <avri at psg.com> wrote:
> correction left out an imporatnt word
>
> On 9 nov 2005, at 10.10, Avri Doria wrote:
>

> > On 9 nov 2005, at 08.59, Adam Peake (ajp at glocom.ac.jp) wrote:
> >

> >> 52. We also agree with the US government that governments have
> >> legitimate public policy and sovereignty concerns with respect to the
> >> management of their ccTLD,
> >>

> > i don't agree with this as I do beleive that the ccTLDs should be
> > automatically acknowledged as sovereign property.
>
> ...as I do not beleive ...
>

> >> a) in keeping with the US government's recognition that governments
> >> have legitimate public policy and sovereignty concerns with
> >> respect to
> >> the management of their ccTLD, and has welcomed the further
> >> opportunity for dialogue on these issues and seems committed to
> >> ensuring progress,
> >>

> > i would prefer that this acknowledgment not be included.
> >

> > a.

Jacqueline Morris
www.carnivalondenet.com
T&T Music and videos online