[governance] CS STATEMENT FINAL: times up?

Robert Guerra rguerra at lists.privaterra.org
Mon Aug 15 10:57:50 EDT 2005

--
Robert Guerra <rguerra at privaterra.org>
Managing Director, Privaterra <http://www.privaterra.org>

On 15-Aug-05, at 10:38 AM, karen banks wrote:

> 43-48: Oversight function
>
> para 47: am going with original para, with avri's edit to last
> sentance:
>
> The acceptance of a single root for the DNS is an important enabler
> of the
> Internet's international reach Governance arrangements for the root
> zone
> file should be outside the control of any individual government, and
> broadly acceptable to all stakeholders. If this issue is not
> addressed, it
> will lead to an increase in the number of alternative root
> structures that
> could impact negatively on the Internet's security, stability and
> interoperability.  Under the current naming scheme, this could lead
> to the
> fragmentation of the Internet and the user community

We have , above -  "..if this issue is not addressed, it will lead to
an increase in the number of alternate root structures"

if it possible, at this stage to change ..it will lead.. to ..it
could lead...? Which is a bit less threatening.

Given we are where we are in the drafting - i'll agree to what karen
decides :)