[bestbits] Global Partners Digital are looking for a new Legal Officer

Charles Bradley charles at gp-digital.org
Tue Aug 2 13:21:24 EDT 2016

Dear all, *(with apologies for cross-posting)*

Global Partners Digital (GPD) <http://www.gp-digital.org> is hiring!

We're looking to appoint *a Legal Officer* to support our exciting
portfolio of global programmes, which focus on promoting human rights in
the digital environment.

The role will involve legal and policy research to feed into advocacy
efforts by GPD and its partners. The successful candidate will have a
strong grounding in international human rights law and legal instruments,
with experience applying this knowledge to support advocacy efforts –
particularly in the global South.

*Responsibilities will include:*

   - Providing high quality legal and policy advice to GPD and its partners
   on human rights, specifically as they relate to digital policy
   - Producing legal analyses in response to key concerns and priorities,
   and policy briefings for a range of stakeholders – including the general
   public, civil society organisations, regulators and standards bodies,
   media, policymakers and industry
   - Supporting the development of resources and advocacy material for
   civil society actors

*Terms and conditions:*

   - Salary: £30 – £35k (pro rata)
   - Start date: As soon as possible
   - Type of contract: Flexible (full- or part-time)
   - Location: London

*For more information on the role and how to apply, click here.
<http://www.gp-digital.org/jobs/legal-officer/> *

With warm wishes
Charles

*Charles Bradley*
Executive Director | GLOBAL PARTNERS DIGITAL
Second Home, 68 Hanbury Street, London, E1 5JL
T: +44 (0)203 818 3258 | M: +44 (0)7852 535222 | Skype:
charles.globalpartners
gp-digital.org