[bestbits] Twitter chat at the IGF #HowFreeAreYou? 7pm Tues 2nd Sept

Tanya O'Carroll Tanya.OCarroll at amnesty.org
Mon Sep 1 09:55:12 EDT 2014

Hello everyone,

It was great to participate in the meeting yesterday and meet many of you
in person.

I wanted to let people know that AI are planning a Twitter chat tomorrow
at 7pm Istanbul time:
http://livewire.amnesty.org/2014/08/28/howfreeareyou-twitter-chat/

This is the first IGF that AI have participated in and we wanted to use
the opportunity to invite our supporters in different countries to learn
more about internet governance and how it relates to their rights.

We will be inviting people to ask their questions using the hashtag
#HowFreeAreYou. We have four panelists who will provide answers but as it
is an open conversation it would be great to have others input their
expertise and opinions to help demystify IG issues for non experts! The
chat will be in both English and Turkish.

The Twitter panelists include:
Joy Liddicot, APC
Nighat Dad, Digital Rights Foundation Pakistan
Dixie Hawtin, Global Partners
Quirine Eijkman, Amnesty International Dutch section

A link to the flier is here. It would be great if those here could help
promote and also join in the discussion tomorrow:
http://livewire.amnesty.org/2014/08/28/howfreeareyou-twitter-chat/

Thanks and any questions or ideas please let us know!

Best,
Tanya

--
Tanya O'Carroll
Project Officer, Technology and Human Rights

tel: +44 (0) 20 7413  5874
mobile: +44 (0) 7511 370 350
twitter: @tanyaocarroll | @amnestyonline

</PRE><BR/>
--
This email has been sent by Amnesty International Limited (a company registered in England and Wales limited by guarantee, number 01606776 with registered office at 1 Easton St, London WC1X 0DW). Internet communications are not secure and therefore Amnesty International does not accept legal responsibility for the contents of this message. If you are not the intended recipient you must not disclose or rely on the information in this e-mail. Any views or opinions presented are solely those of the author and do not necessarily represent those of Amnesty International unless specifically stated. Electronic communications including email might be monitored by Amnesty International for operational or business reasons.<BR/><BR/>This message has been scanned for viruses by Postini. www.postini.com